Best Online Professional Music Mixing and Mastering Services
- In-The-Box (ITB) Audio, Music Mixing and Mastering Services.
- Audio Post–Post Production for Movies and Animation.
- Digital Content Authoring [Mass Production and Distribution].
Requirements for Audio, Music Mixing and Mastering Services
- Ensure that the raw tracks are well recorded and ready for mixing.
- Provide raw tracks (of each instrument/vocal) that are separately exported/rendered from the start point of your song to the end.
- All files must be of the same duration, same file format (WAV/AIFF), resolution (88.2 /96kHz) and bit-depth (16/24 bit).
- Do not apply effects, such as reverb, delay, flange, chorus etc.
- The raw tracks (mono/stereo) should be distinctly named and without audio clipping/distortion (maximum peak at -6dB).
- We do not accept midi/virtual instruments files. Thus, export/bounce them as WAV/AIFF audio files.
Do you do pre mixing processing and editing?
Yes. This is where a reasonable number of minor tweaks/adjustments are done to improve the sonic character of elements within the mix. This may include:
- Replacement of some lousy parts of a track with better sung/recorded/played parts. In most cases, this involves composite editing.
- Removal of pops, clicks, glitches and noise gating.
- Restoration of some lost sonic quality, such as clipped peak restoration.
- Reduction of unwanted noise or room ambiences.
- Refinement of some tracks by harmonic enhancement, resampling and re–dithering.
You should note however that major changes will not be accepted as pre mixing processing and editing; and will be treated as a new job. Therefore, our clients are strongly encouraged to providing written instruction along with a demo/rough mix (plus a commercially released song to serve as reference).
How do I supply my audio files?
See full details o how to supply files in the How it Works section.Files can only be supplied via online upload.
Will my song be mastered?
Yes. Free mastering of the song is part of our online mixing.
What is the maximum length of a song?
A six-minute limit is set to include as many genres of music as possible. Medleys longer than 6 minutes are calculated in the multiples of 6 minutes.
How do I contact you with online mixing and mastering questions?
If you have any issues about the online mixing and mastering service that has not been not covered here or in the How it Works section, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How It Works
- Ensure that the multi-tracks provided are ready for mixing. Major sonic flaws, such as tuning or timing issues will NOT be automatically resolved. However, a small amount of vocal tuning fixes could be done based on request. Large amounts of editing/fixing will be charged for and will delay turnaround time. Therefore, do any tuning/fixing and editing (excluding application of effects, such as reverb, delay, flange, chorus etc.) in your time, so we can concentrate on the business of mixing instead of fixing.
- We accept WAV/AIFF files at various resolutions such as 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz. The bit-depth of such files could be 16 or 24 bit.
- The tracks could be either mono or stereo files; but distinctly named and without audio clipping/distortion. Note that Stereo files are counted as 2 tracks of audio.Make sure you allow plenty of headroom when printing your multi-tracks to avoid clipping or distortion. These artifacts cannot be removed in the mix process.
- You will need to provide multi-tracks that are separately bounced/exported/rendered from the start point of your song to the end. All files must be of the same duration, same file format, resolution and bit-depth.
- We do not accept DAW sessions/project bundles from, for instance, Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Sonar etc.
- There is a 24 multi-track limit. A track cannot share different sounds. You will rather need to bounce each file separately.
- All multi-track files are supplied dry (i.e. not processed with effects, such as reverb, delays, chorus, flange etc. However, if you feel a specific effect, processing, or creative element (such as filter sweeps, delays etc.) is an integral part of the sound, then provide the processed copy with the dry copy. This will not add your overall track count. Label both versions clearly and mention this in the information summary.
- We do not accept midi/virtual instruments files. Thus, export/bounce them to WAV/AIFF audio files.
- Supply us with all the information necessary to give us the picture of the type of sound you have in mind. You could as well provide a rough/demo mix together with a commercially released reference song. Note that this commercial song serves as reference only; thus, the mixing results are completely dependent on the quality and style of the multi-track provided.
- You can upload all your audio files online using this site.
- For more clarification, read the above information and the FAQ carefully, to ensure you fully understand how online mixing works.
Our Responsibility in Music Mixing and Mastering Services
Normally, the turnaround time for a mixing session is within 5 working days. However, in exceptional circumstances it may be longer. If this is the case, you will be notified and given options of either to cancel your mixing session and/or receive a refund.
At the end of the Mixing session, we shall supply you with:
- A limited ‘listening’ version of the mixed and mastered song at 44.1/16–bit.
- An unlimited mix master at original sample rate and bit depth
You should note that all the original multi-tracks, mixed and mastered audio files will have to be erased from our server three months after the date of delivery. Please make sure you keep back up of your files.